Saturday, 11 March 2017

BOOK REVIEW: Fuel The Fire by Krista & Becca Ritchie

Hi guys!!! 👋 👋 

Remember that book series that I mentioned here, here, here and here and how it's taken over my life?
Well I'm almost at the end of this oh so brilliant saga and so here's my review of Fuel the Fire. 
**Images and info will be up tomorrow;; this review is being done on my iPhone due to technical difficulties and the fact that I wanted to get the content out on the World Wide Web at least lol


UPDATE: Here is the updated version on my trusty laptop

22024901
Protect your family. At all costs.

It’d take the impossible to hurt Connor Cobalt, even for a moment.

Protect your family. At all costs. 

At twenty-six, his narcissistic tendencies have made room for the people he loves.

Protect your family. At all costs.

And he loves Rose. But when his love is threatened, when his greatest dreams with her are compromised — what is the cost then? 

Protect your family. At all costs.

Love will guide his choices. 
For the first time in his life. 

This novel was first and foremost, Connor's. I don't normally pay attention to covers. With that being said (aside from the fact that this one is 🔥 and oozes with Classy Connor), this novel was his. We get to see *POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT* crises taken on by C-Dog but the part that got me was the character development. And yes, I probably include that in all my reviews but it's trueeeee 💁💁
I mean, we had emotionless, smarts as Connor Cobalt when we first met him. Whilst he's still those things, he's only those to an extent. Rose has helped him overcome social boundaries. I'm not saying we have a Sheldon Cooper on our heads, but even Sheldon got the girl. 
One thing I wanted to see more was him peeling away that last layer, to see him crack (I'm not evil, hold back the pitchforks)

FTF was a hoot for banter. Honestly, I was in stitches of laughter. The banter in these novels between my friends  these characters is priceless and irreplaceable. 

Onto the negative. Like all the things we love (chocolate, an album- that one pesky song that you can't click with, cars), there were some things I found... not 100%. 
1. The plot
The major plot was Rose and Connor giving the media more focus on their relationship than their daughter. This includes being deliberately pictured by a pap called Walter going down on each other, with hickeys and different hair colours. 
The only flaw is that did they plan on being pictured until their daughter was 17? By that point, there'd be nothing inconspicuous about their relationship 

2. The overall rhythm 
I liked this book, yes. But the overall rhythm was steady. I'll admit there were points where I was feeling those emotions but for majority of the time, I was skimming the pages, hoping for it to end so I could read Raisys novel. 

All in all (is all we are 🎶), I enjoyed this novel. Was I happy I read it? Yes, the events were fab and I loved the gang and the love between our protagonists. 
Also, shoutout to Connor and Rose for opening me up (not literally) to BDSM and erotic asphyxiation✌️✌️

MY FAVORITES QUOTES
 (Taken from Goodreads rather than typed up from scratch from yours truly)
Here we go!

  • “There are rare people who will fuel the fire inside of you, who will awaken a dormant passion, who will push you and better you. She alone is my rarity.” 
  • “She fuels the fire in my soul, the embers slowly dying, and she tries feverishly to awaken me.” 
  • “Broken souls are mended every day by mended souls that were once broken.” 
  • “So long as I may be living, I live with you.” 
  • “If someone asked me to name the first two attributes of Ryke Meadows, aggressive wouldn't even be on the list. In the heart of his soul lies kindness, wrapped tightly in selflessness that shows in almost every action.” 
  • “I notice Ryke sitting on the edge of the bed with Daisy lounging drunkenly across his lap. “Big bad wolf…” She reaches up to touch his hair but her arm sags limply next to her. “Eat me.”
    It’s a provocative, intoxicated statement that I do my best to block out.
    Ryke lowers his head to her, kissing Daisy once…twice and then he says, “Every fucking day, sweetheart.” 
  • “This is about Ryke. We can’t burn his place of love.” I snort. “His place of love is between our sister’s legs.” 
  • “I whisper, “I can hear our hearts breaking.” A tear wets my fingertips, his tears, and his other hand encases my face, the way mine does him. 
  • “I’ve been split open. I’ve been spilled bare.''



No comments:

Post a Comment