Tuesday, 28 February 2017

*DOUBLE* BOOK REVIEW: Thrive by Krista Ritchie& Becca Ritchie + Addicted After All by Krista Ritchie & Becca Ritchie

I'm back! And I'm baaaaaaaaaad.

Lol. 
Hi and hello to you :) Thanks for reading :)

Today I'm going to review TWO novels, Thrive by novel gods Krista and Becca Ritchie. This novel is #2.5 in the Addicted series. 
I'm also going to be reviewing the conclusion to the series, Addicted to You. 

Here are my reviews for the other novels in this series, with its sister series, Calloway Sisters (in chronological order, of course): Addicted to You, Ricochet, Kiss the Sky, Hothouse Flower || MORE TO COME XO!

& with that, let's start.

I wanna make this brief because I'm currently reading the next novel and I have another blog post to put up straight after.

Goodreads summary:
18479451Two years will change them forever.

When rumors spread like wildfire—like having three-ways with her boyfriend’s rock climbing brother—Lily Calloway spirals into a dark place. Her bedroom. Loren Hale is more confident and determined to keep their sex life private, even from their friends, and he helps Lily in the only way he knows how. But how much love is too much?

Their lives are filmed, watched, and criticized. And through it all, Lily and Loren have to face enemies they never thought they’d see, demons they don’t know if they should bury, and setbacks they didn’t think they’d meet. Not this soon.

And one rumor could be too much for them to handle. It will test their greatest limitations, and if they don’t hold onto each other, someone is going to drown.

A full-length New Adult Romance that bridges the gap between the second and third books. 
Thrive must be read before Addicted After All if you have not read the Calloway Sisters spin-off series.
 

So this novel jumps us back in with our OTP ship, LiLo, Lily and Lo. It felt so good to back with the OGs. Although I was happy because I thought that their love story deserves justice, I found myself ever so slightly skimming the pages for any indication of any interaction between the other two couples. I guess there wasn't always a spark between them, not a passionate fire like Ryke and Daisy and an intellectual one like Connor and Rose. 
In spite of my tragic attempt to explain that, I still love the comic book nerds that are Lo and Lily. 

 This novel...lol I don't actually remember the ins and outs of the plot. However, many significant...things happened. Many things that showed true, raw character development

The banter was up there, as was the great one-liners. I swear to all the stars that are and once were, I so badly want to become even a bandwagon with these six friends. 

This novel- there are no formal faults that I can think of at this moment in time. It was so pleasing. Honestly, reading these novels is my peace. 

One thing that confused me a bit was the time jumps. Are Raisy flirting or are they together? Y'now it spanned out quite a while, this novel did. There was a couple of points where I thought it was a bit pointless, given that the events reoccurred, just in different POVs but that wasn't the case. a). it's always better getting multiple POVs on one event b). there were tonnes of events that we didn't read about during the reality show in Kiss the Sky, e.g. bowling and finally watching one of Daisy's catwalks, GOD BLESS

I've realised that I'm going to have to SLIGHTLY spoil it for those fresh faces. Our parents Lily and Lo have a child, at around the same time Rose and Connor do. Yes, they were both accidents but they're the best parents.

Oh! And I love how Poppy and her husband Sam are becoming more involved in the storyline. They appear as slightly shallow and weak characters, as in the book can still go on with the same outcome without them, but it was nice to have them. Omg & I love the savage that is Jonathan Hale. He is a legend.

This novel was an overall good one, steady.

And that's all I have to say without giving you any spoilers. And I know this was a crappy review but still give me some love in the comments below and through social media (links below, as always)

Until I complete the next novel,
Stay great :D

**NEXT REVIEW!!

Addicted After All

18308270Two addicts. One epic love story. 
Prepare for the worst. 

That’s what Lily and Lo try to do when Jonathan Hale schedules an “important” meeting. The problem: after being swept into the public eye and battling their addictions, they’re not sure what the worst is anymore. 
In a sea of many changes—including Ryke & Daisy living with them—Lily realizes that the best part of her fluctuating hormones might just be the worst. 
Her sex drive is out of control. 
Loren knows that she’s insatiable, but he’s not giving up on her. She’s too much a part of him. And as he carries more and more responsibility, some of the people that he loves doubt his resolve. 


In the conclusion to their love story, Lily & Lo stand side-by-side to fight, one last time, for their happily ever after. 

Guys. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Image ref: https://goo.gl/eyF83f
How and why did I read that as panties? '298 frozen panties later' ?! Okay, it's safe to say that the Addicted series has changed me and arguably, saved me. 

This novel was, in brief, a great one. It gave the series- and the characters- the justice they deserved. It was the bow on top of it all, the sprinkles and the glitter. 
There was major, major character development. For example, in book #1, Loren was crazy about alcohol and put it before everyone, including Lily. And vice-versa with Lily and her sex addiction. 
But in this novel, they're totally different- older, wiser and responsible. But one thing I love that stays the same is their cravings. I admired  how they are depicted as normal people, who obviously crave the center of their addictions. They are human.

Moreover with the character development I mentioned: My book bf Loren has two comicbook businesses, as well as maybe/maybe not taking over Hale Co #NoSpoilers 
He's supporting his fam! I love it.
Speaking of taking over Hale Co, Daisy, Ryke, Lily and Lo each have to compete for the title of CEO and it was so fun to read! I got some Apprentice vibes (sans the current prez. The UK version lel)
With Lily there was a lot of development, but I kinda loved how she remained the same shy, awkward introvert. I'll admit that I didn't expect her to pull a Daisy and be so confident with her addiction and scream it from the rooftops. 
However, she became particularly horny during pregnancy and so her habits ever so slightly returned. 

With that said, Lil accidentally gets off on RYKE (but seriously, who the heck is blaming her? C'mon, fight me) but seeing as he is her bf/fiancee's big bro, I see the grossness. Anyways Ryke being Ryke (super beautiful, super fearless, stubbled, tall macho guy with chivalrous manners and having a whole other respect for women), his attempts to fix whatever's bothering her are sO ADORABLE. Honestly. I swooned

Speaking of Daisy..or Raisy- ahhh. Heart eyes all around. I swear Raisy is not only endgame but also my only OTP as of 2017 (okay, Coballoway ? and LiLo are up there too). 
They're so cute !! and protective of each other !!
Oh!

One thing I find rather hilarious is how these amazing twenty plus year olds (including Daisy, who is just under) dread to meet their parents after another scandal occurs. Also, how their parents react. It's all a beautiful game.

A criticism I have to get out their is that the blurb heavily focuses on the addiction part of the series, which is fine, don't get me wrong. But I fear that that's all it will be associated with. I mean, this particular novel had a plot for things other than Lily's sexual insatiability. Ya feel?
I'm gonna elaborate further (quick. Go get popcorn or any snack)
So we see the re/introduction of a character who is like a missing puzzle piece. We're talking Loren-related person (did I ruin it?)
The gang deals with common issues, like teenagers pranking them but it's waaaaaaay more than that, given that Daisy has PTSD and sleeping issues and that Rose and Lily are mothers now, so along with their significant others, they are looking after them.

Literally other than that, it deserves a book Oscar.

MY FAVOURITE QUOTES! (from both, in jumbled up order)
  • Hey, what's going on in your head?'' WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO ASK ME THIS #maybeneedy #maybenot
  • ] really enjoyed the Poppy-Lo dynamic and wished for more of it: ''You tell 'em, Poppy,'' Lo says, leaning against our dresser with crossed arms. He's smiling in amusement'. That and the adorable use of Lo always saying to her ''Just when I was starting to like you'' lolll
  • ''Cobalt,'' Ryke shouts. ''They want to know your IQ''. ''Higher than yours'' Connor needs to play nice w Ryke *pouts*
  • ''Where I vandalized houses. Where I screamed. Where I ran. Where I became a thing I hated''.
  • He was waiting for someone to end the pain of living
  • ''Look,'' he says, ''it's your birthday. I didn't get you anything-'' ''I didn't expect you to'' ''Let me fucking finish''. I roast again.
  • 'And then Ryke pops the f**king tab and takes a sip. I just shake my head. How has he not died yet? ''You didn't know what it was, and yet you still drank it?'' Connor says aloud.' LOL! Love Ryke: A six-foot-three brooding- mostly irritated- guy bounds through the door.
  • ''Hey,'' Ryke says, pelting popcorn at Daisy. A kernel hits her square in the eyeball. He doesn't apologize''. Gotta love him. And again: Ryke stares at her for a long moment before messing her hair with his hand.
  • Daisy is about to stand up, offering him the seat back, but Ryke waves her to stay there. Why do I find chivalry hot? Oh, yeh because I lack it IRL
  • LIL IS SO CUTE & AWKS: ''Maybe we should leave''. I throw it out there. Just like that. Wow that feels better. I wait for one of them to catch it. 
  • Don't cry. Channel your inner Rose. Tears are for babies and losers. I wipe my eyes. I suck at being Rose.
  • ''The things we bury have a way of coming back to haunt us''
  • The spot between my legs pulses. Shut up vagina. Now I'm speaking to my vagina. Great.
I'll add some more quotes later :)

That's it for now :)

★ ★ ★ ★  5 stars!!

Long story short...
Would I read it again?
A thousand times, yes!
Would I recommend it?
Noooo but only because I want Ryke all to myself ;)
Would I be caught wandering (and being saved by the book guy) in this world in my dreams? 
Do you even have to wonder? Obvi 


QUESTIONS: Have you already read this? Comment below!
Was it good being back in LiLo's heads?
What was your fave part from this novel?
Poppy and Sammy: Yay or nay?
☻ Do I say 'love' too much?

With that, I'm gonna go figure out which novel comes next. Ciao
Here are my links : (if ya interested)
I'm even giving you my email address 

BYEEEEEEEEEEEE




No comments:

Post a Comment