Sunday, 26 June 2016

BOOK REVIEW: The Crown by Kiera Cass + PLAYLIST

Soooooooooo
I don't really want to write this post. Don't be alarmed: it'll just make the fact that The Selection series (sans a colouring book) is officially over. OVER. 
No more Maxon or America or Eadlyn...or Ahren </3

In the early hours of this morning, I finally finished this novel. I admit, I got swept up in a TV series and kinda dedicated all of my free time to that, rather than this novel (which was a bad idea).

Here's the official details and then I'll give a rundown of my thoughts:

26074181When Eadlyn became the first princess of IllĂ©a to hold her own Selection, she didn’t think she would fall in love with any of her thirty-five suitors. She spent the first few weeks of the competition counting down the days until she could send them all home. But as events at the palace force Eadlyn even further into the spotlight, she realizes that she might not be content remaining alone.

Eadlyn still isn’t sure she’ll find the fairytale ending her parents did twenty years ago. But sometimes the heart has a way of surprising you…and soon Eadlyn must make a choice that feels more impossible—and more important—than she ever imagined.


GENRE: Romance, YA (Young Adult), Sci-Fi/Dystopia/Futuristic, Fantasy, Fiction
AUTHOR: Kiera Cass
PUBLISHERHarperTeen
SOURCE: Bought, paperback
PAGE NUMBER: 279

RELEASE DATE: May 3rd 2016


Alrighty. I remember when I first bought this from Waterstone's, long overdue from when I originally anticipated (grrrr, exams).
I remember thinking three thoughts:
  1. Pretty cover
  2. ..Isn't it a bit short? (In terms of the amount of pages)
  3. HOLY SH*TTT IM SO EXCITEE
This novel took place straight after the events of The Heir (sniff). I'm gonna blatantly admit: Except for Kile and Henri, respectively, all the other guys seemed bleh and I had to work hard to remind myself who they were in terms of their personality. SPOILER ALERT: Luckily for me, those two were the male version of The Elite/final two

I was pleased with the novel, as a whole. 

I kinda hoped that Eadlyn would've confided in her parents a bit more (I mean, who wouldn't? Especially if they are Maxon and America! Maybe I'm the most ancient 18 year old on the planet lol).
Another slight criticism is that the last couple of chapters felt very rushed, and the wedding was not described. 
ALSO I WANTED TO KNOW WHAT EADLYN'S AND _____'S 'THING' WAS!!! This is an open letter to Ms Kiera Cass ^^

I really enjoyed being swept up in this world, and hope to come back whenever I can. 

It's also amazing at how different sides of history (or, the novels before this with America and Maxon) are told.

Cass did an utterly amazing job on this novel. Scratch that, with all the Selection novels! Moment of silence. Also, props to her for the amazing acknowledgements :p

The writing style was amazing; I felt everything Eadlyn felt and flippin' loved it! The novel was written in first person, Eadlyn's POV. 

I honestly loved this novel. I feel like this review is more of me fangirling than anything else. XD

I enjoyed sooo many elements: Maxon being a dad, Osten crushing and Lady Brice, to name a few.
Lady Marlee was kinda bleak though, I have to admit. 

I really, really heart Illea, man.

I can't say anything more about this novel; I cannot put it into words. It was so good. Just go check it out already!

NOW
If you click this link (<< That one right there) you'll be directed to a TwitLonger page. Now, this will give you a SPOILERed (?) reviewish-fangirl-freakout-thingimebob by me.
Please note that it contains HUGE SPOILERS!

I hope this review did the book some justice lol.

Now onto my playlist!!

Alrighty, so music is in my life now larger than ever, so here's an amalgamation of tracks for parts of the story. Enjoy!

The ending of The Heir & the beginning of this one: Numb, Linkin Park, Fix You/The Scientist by Coldplay

Being with Kile: Mary's Song/Everything Has Changed/Treacherous by Taylor Swift

Being with Henri: Hungry Heart by Bruce Springsteen, Adore You by Miley Cyrus

Marid's vibes: Thnks Fr Th Mmrs by Fall Out Boy, Bad Blood by Taylor Swift

Neena and Eadlyn: You're My Best Friend by Queen

America and Maxon (being parents): The Phoenix by Fall Out Boy

Eadlyn: Sugar, We're Goin' Down by Fall Out Boy, Teen Idle by Marina and the Diamonds

Eikko: Ours by Taylor Swift, Holy Ground by Taylor Swift, The Light Behind Your Eyes by My Chemical Romance


★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 20 stars!!
Long story short...
Would I read it again?
Yep
Would I recommend it?
Only to some friends (tbh, they're reluctant with the whole 'princess' thing)
Would I be caught wandering (and being saved by the book guy) in this world in my dreams? 
*blushes then falls*


QUESTIONS:
Who's your OTP in this fandom? 
Who should Eadlyn have married?
How many times are you gonna re-read this series?

I'm signing out now. Stay awesome
Here are my links : (if ya interested)
I'm even giving you my email address 

BYEEEEEEEEEEEE

No comments:

Post a Comment