Sunday, 20 September 2015

SLIMY SUNDAY: What Books Can Make You Feel Better {+ other things!}

Hiya! Today's post is going to be different from my usual 'book-y' posts. I know that life can be hard for everyone for different reasons at different times.  I mean, it could be for school (dating, popularity/unpopularity, exams or just school in general), it could be work, it could be home life. Or, if like me, it's your goddamn mind. To quote this band who I low-key obsess about 99.999%, ''Everybody's got their demons, even wide awake or dreaming.''

~DISCLAIMER~ Just because I'm talking about ways to feel better does NOT mean that I am forcing you to feel a certain way or any other implications that lead in the same direction. Just keep being you and enjoy this post for other purposes, if you're not looking to feel better.
(Fam, IDK if that disclaimer made sense. I originally wanted to copy one from Tumblr that is an official disclaimer but effort. So lets just go with this- you know what I mean, anyways).

Ok, let's begin.
  1. Read a good book
    What's the definition of a ''good book''? This is a question humans have been trying to answer for centuries. Honestly, it is completely individual to the person {Let me know YOUR favourite types of books in the comments below}
    Ok, so my fave type is the cliché: good girl, bad boy..and whatever's in between- whether it's because a supernatural creature or just a normal dude that DGAF. (Bet ya didn't see that coming, right? What with my blog name being 'Always Falling for Book Guys')
    PSA: I totally fall for good guys too :))
    Here are a few books that make me feel better: (in no particular order..)
    • Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
    • The Selection by Kiera Cass
    • Dare You To by Katie McGarry
    • Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
    • The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
    These books are the epitome of 'that type' that you can just slip and fall into the world and totally fit in and the characters are my friends and I just love the worlds created by these authors.
  2. Write
    Just listen to Ernest and seriously, write about what hurts. It's actually very therapeutic. And if not, just write some spicy fan fic ;)
  3. Cry your heart out. Or scream. There's nothing wrong with feeling :) Screaming at the top of your lungs/crying are what some people need to do to feel better (including me on the screaming). Just go to a quiet/private place and go for it.
  4. Have a lovely candle-lit bubble bath
  5. Get out of your head. Not literally, cause that...how would that even work? Yeah, just don't let your thoughts consume you so much. Most of what you fear is in your head. I opened up and became slightly happier when discovering this. Set yourself free.
  6. Know that you are worth it.
  7. Go on Tumblr or Google or whatever and get some quotes. Quotes, sad as they can be sometimes, make me feel not alone. And that's all I need, sometimes.
  8. Take a deep breath and focus on the amazing things life has to offer Honestly, anything! Whatever keeps you afloat, focus all of your energy on that. Whether a band member, book character/book or TV show/actor is getting you through the day, totally engulf yourself in it. Let that be your escape.
  9. Listen to some music If you're a screamer with a black, cold heart like me (hi friend =]), then rock music is prolly your thing. I'm not talking heavy metal, just some up-beat punky music. Here are a few of my current faves:
That heartbreak-y/lonely/dark feeling
That IDGAF and YOLO feeling
That happy and empowering vibed feeling
That just in general feeling

Control by Halsey
Money by 5 Seconds of Summer
Fight Song by Rachel Platten
Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day
Favourite Record by Fall Out Boy
22 by Taylor Swift
Clean by Taylor Swift
Maps by Maroon 5
Broken Pieces by 5 Seconds of Summer || This falls nicely into Safety Pin by 5 Seconds of Summer
Gasoline by Halsey
Happy by Pharrell Williams
Immortals by Fall Out Boy
Another Love by Tom Odell
Y.O.L.O by The Lonely Island
Centuries by Fall Out Boy
Livin’ On a Prayer by Bon Jovi
All Through The Night by Sleeping At Last
^All of Ed Sheeran^


WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MY MUSIC TASTE BE HONEST
If I missed any out, feel free to let me know in the comments below. Seriously. Don't just silently sit back when you could be changing a girl's life.

Right! That's it from the me. I hope you enjoyed this post, if you did comment below. If you're not much of a commenter, then contact me via the links below :-)

Here are my links : (if ya interested)
Google+
Facebook
Twitter Twitter & my personal Tumblr are always open and available for a chit-chat if that's what you need. Love you

Personal Tumblr
WeHeartIt
Pinterest
Goodreads 

Blog Tumblr
I'm even giving you my email address (why not? #GoBigOrGoHome)
PLEASE COMMENT BELOW OR EMAIL ME OR CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR REQUESTS #BloggerProbs ;)

That's it from me- Stay Beautiful and Bookish. Ttyl

See you next time!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment