Sunday, 27 September 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry

Katie. McGarry. Is. My. Bae. Author.
Hey there!! I hope you had an amazing weekend. I didn't. I'm ill -_-
Today I'm going to be doing a post that is looonnngggg overdue. I actually read this novel a while ago and never got round to reviewing it for some reason. It's prolly cause I never fffully got over this novel. And what is this novel? It's Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry!
Let's get started :-)

Goodreads blurb + cover
23492282An unforgettable new series from acclaimed author Katie McGarry about taking risks, opening your heart and ending up in a place you never imagined possible.

Seventeen-year-old Emily likes her life the way it is: doting parents, good friends, good school in a safe neighborhood. Sure, she's curious about her biological father—the one who chose life in a motorcycle club, the Reign of Terror, over being a parent—but that doesn't mean she wants to be a part of his world. But when a reluctant visit turns to an extended summer vacation among relatives she never knew she had, one thing becomes clear: nothing is what it seems. Not the club, not her secret-keeping father and not Oz, a guy with suck-me-in blue eyes who can help her understand them both.

Oz wants one thing: to join the Reign of Terror. They're the good guys. They protect people. They're…family. And while Emily—the gorgeous and sheltered daughter of the club's most respected member—is in town, he's gonna prove it to her. So when her father asks him to keep her safe from a rival club with a score to settle, Oz knows it's his shot at his dream. What he doesn't count on is that Emily just might turn that dream upside down.

No one wants them to be together. But sometimes the right person is the one you least expect, and the road you fear the most is the one that leads you home.


GENRE: Romance, Young Adult, Contemporary, Realistic Fiction
AUTHOR: Katie McGarry
PUBLISHER: Harlequin Teen
SOURCE: Bought, hardcover
PAGE NUMBER: 496
RELEASE DATE: May 26th 2015

*This book*~!
This book was an amazing masterpiece (yup, that's my opening line), Like..it was just so awesome. Basically, we've got Emily, my new fave, who's our good girl and seems to have it all goin' on but has some secrets that she needs uncovering.  and then we've got my new book boyfriend, Oz- the ultimate bad boy. They undoubtedly feel attracted to each other (who wouldn't? It's Oz).

One thing I kinda felt a tad unrealistic was how fast Oz and Em got physical pretty fast. I wanted my OTP to get emotional and get talking and then fall for each other.

Other than that it was SPECTACULAR and all I'm sure about in my life is that I want a motorbike bf.

I think this book is the perfect one for anyone who loves bad boys with good hearts (so basically everyone lol) and for those who want a lot of relatable realism- the factors that make a contemporary work. Oh, I almost forgot!
I also loved that real issues (sex) were properly addressed- hats off to McGarry who handled it with grace.

Overall, I LOVE this novel and cannot wait to read the next one


★ ★ ★ ★  4 stars!!
Long story short...
Would I read it again?
Ya
Would I recommend it?
Definitely :)
Would I be caught wandering (and being saved by the book guy) in this world in my dreams? 
 Obvi! Count be there!!!!!!!!



That's it from me. 'Tis been a pleasure. I hope to see you next time and I hope you enjoyed this review.  

QUESTIONS (answer below in the comments!)
..Is Oz your fave?
..Who's your favourite guy created by Katie McGarry the genius?
..How TDF is the cover?
..What did you enjoy the most about this novel?

Here are my links : (if ya interested)
Google+
Facebook
Twitter? 
WeHeartIt
Pinterest
Goodreads 

Tumblr
I'm even giving you my email address (why not? #GoBigOrGoHome)
PLEASE COMMENT BELOW OR EMAIL ME OR CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR REQUESTS- I need a looonnnggg list for summer reading #BloggerProbs ;)

That's it from me- Stay Beautiful and Bookish. Ttyl

See you next time!! :)

1 comment:

  1. ..Is Oz your fave?
    Yes!!

    ..Who's your favourite guy created by Katie McGarry the genius?
    Noah and Oz...wait Isaiah and- I CAN'T DECIDE!

    ..How TDF is the cover?
    Very.

    ..What did you enjoy the most about this novel?
    The party scenes hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete