Goodreads cover + blurb
Alex fights a daily battle to figure out the difference between reality and delusion. Armed with a take-no-prisoners attitude, her camera, a Magic 8-Ball, and her only ally (her little sister), Alex wages a war against her schizophrenia, determined to stay sane long enough to get into college. She’s pretty optimistic about her chances until classes begin, and she runs into Miles. Didn't she imagine him? Before she knows it, Alex is making friends, going to parties, falling in love, and experiencing all the usual rites of passage for teenagers. But Alex is used to being crazy. She’s not prepared for normal.
Funny, provoking, and ultimately moving, this debut novel featuring the quintessential unreliable narrator will have readers turning the pages and trying to figure out what is real and what is made up.
AUTHOR: Francesca Zappia
PUBLISHER: Greenwillow Books
SOURCE: Bought, ebook
PAGE NUMBER: 428
RELEASE DATE: May 19th 2015
“Sometimes I think people take reality for granted.”
A few of my fave quotes:
- “People say teenagers think they're immortal, and I agree with that. But I think there's a difference between thinking you're immortal and knowing you can survive. Thinking you're immortal leads to arrogance, thinking you deserve the best. Surviving means having the worst thrown at you and being able to continue on despite that.
- “Everyone's interesting if you stare at them long enough.”
- "And Richter isn't a bad person, and I'm not a bad person. We're just people, and people sometimes do stupid things.”
- ''Mom said I shouldn't drink after someone else. It's unsanitary.'' ''But it's chocolate,'' I replied.
- “What you loved as a child, you will love forever.”
- “Mile's fingers pressed into the small of my back. "Basorexia," he mumbled.
He laughed. "It's an overwhelming desire to kiss."
- “Over time, the real remained in the photo while the hallucinations faded away.
About Francesca Zappia
YA writer represented by Louise Fury of the Bent Agency. My debut, MADE YOU UP, will be out from Greenwillow/HarperCollins on May 19th, 2015. I like writing, reading, drawing, anime, playing way too much Pokemon, and other things.
I'm on Twitter @ChessieZappia, Tumblr (http://exeuntstormtroopers.tumblr.com), Instagram @ChessieZappia, Pinterest (https://www.pinterest.com/francescaza...), and on my website, www.francescazappia.com.
Would I read it again?
Would I recommend it?
Would I be caught wandering (and being saved by the book guy) in this world in my dreams?
That's it from me. 'Tis been a pleasure. I hope to see you next time.
I'm even giving you my email address (why not? #GoBigOrGoHome)
PLEASE COMMENT BELOW OR EMAIL ME OR CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR REQUESTS- I need a looonnnggg list for summer reading #BloggerProbs ;)
That's it from me- Stay Beautiful and Bookish. Ttyl
See you next time!! :)