Sunday, 6 September 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Half Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Howdy! (Yes, I'm feeling particularly rustic this Sunday afternoon in a very sunny England).

Weirdness aside, I'm glad you clicked this link because guess what? I'm going to be reviewing a novel by my homie-author, Jennifer L. Armentrout, Half Blood.
Yes, I'm a bit late on the band wagon of this one (is that even the phrase?)...four years, actually.
Let's just begin, cause Imma keep rambling.

Goodreads summary + cover
9680718The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi pure bloods have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals--well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.

GENRE: Romance, Paranormal, Young Adult, Fantasy/Urban Fantasy
AUTHOR: Jennifer L. Armentrout 
PUBLISHER: Spencer Hill Press
SOURCE: Bought, ebook
PAGE NUMBER: 281
RELEASE DATE: October 18th 2011


This novel...no words. Stuck, Nylah is stuck still in this world.

So, yes, this novel does include vampires and if, like me, Twilight put you totally off then fear not: For this novel will patch up that wound.

Alex is my soul sista and Aidan....Aidan Aidan AIDAN is bae. For those counting, my list of book boyfriends has increased, yes. Ahhh he's so hawt!! <3
I like the concept of it with the Covenant that's the school for a type of children.

The writing was amazing, in true JLA fashion: Relatable, funny, witty, vivid and just downright awesome.

It's worth a read :)

My Favourite Quotes
--Just a few because I suck at stopping and highlighting #effort
  • Hot tingles spread through me as his lips moved against my ear. "You should tell me to stop."
    I didn't say a word.” “I was gonna be super pissed in the afterlife if I died a virgin in this crap hole.”  
  • “It was just a hug, but gods, it meant so much. It meant everything.”
  • “It’s just words and words mean nothing. Only action does.”  
  • “There is a difference between love and need. Sometimes, what you feel is immediate and without rhyme or reason.”
★★★★☆
4 stars out of 5

Here are my links : (if ya interested)
Google+
Facebook
Twitter? 
WeHeartIt
Pinterest
Goodreads 

Tumblr
I'm even giving you my email address (why not? #GoBigOrGoHome)
PLEASE COMMENT BELOW OR EMAIL ME OR CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR REQUESTS- I need a looonnnggg list for summer reading #BloggerProbs ;)

That's it from me- Stay Beautiful and Bookish. Ttyl

See you next time!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment