Monday, 10 August 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Hey, Let's Make a Band!: The Official 5SOS Book by 5 Seconds of Summer

Hey!
No, I'm not f*cking with you- I am reviewing a 5SOS book. Don't judge.
Backstory: I have developed a weird obsession with this band. IDK, one evening I stumbled upon [their song] Good Girls and then watched their VEVO Lift videos and they just seemed super chill and cool. Yes, I had heard of them before but I just pegged them as 'another 1D' (Yes, I'm kicking myself about that now). 
If you see my Twitter favourites- or sometimes tweets (although, I like to keep my Tweets just book-y). But essentially, yes, I am 5SOS trash af. Lol. Let's get into it! :)

Goodreads summary + cover:
22752748This book is pretty much our official story so far. It really does only seem like last week we played our first gig in at the Annandale hotel in Sydney. Since then we’ve been given the opportunity to turn into the people and musicians we wanted to be.

The people who gave us the opportunity were the fans. So this book is like a thank you. We want everyone to know the story of how four western Sydney teenagers picked up their instruments and dreamt of being one of the biggest bands in the world. There’s also some embarrassing photos of us dicking around and some facts that some of us didn’t even know. So we hope you enjoy it!

Love cal, luke, ash and mike x



GENRE: Auto-biography
AUTHOR: 5 Seconds of Summer (Ashton Irwin, Calum Hood, Luke Hemmings and Michael Clifford)
PUBLISHER: HarperCollins
SOURCE: Bought, hardback
PAGE NUMBER: 288
RELEASE DATE: October 9th 2014

So I went into WHSmith with my 5 (no pun intended!) year old cousin to purchase this book. I have perfectly valid reasoning: It's Reading Level One, ergo in the children's book section and I'm literally petrified of being judged. (PSA: Who else sometimes feels intimidated by the checkout people? Or people in general?) Lol, I should've just ordered it from Amazon -_-

Anyways, it was a light, fun read with lots of awesome pictures. HOWEVER, I kind of knew all of the bios beforehand (credit to all those Tumblr blogs, who include 5SOS facts. Explanation: I just wanted to get to know the band I'd sold my soul to! Rofl)
But yeah, like 99% of the knowledge was already known in my newbie-to-the-5SOSfam-brain, so the only new stuff was the pictures. Tbh I'm not complaining. 
Also, I enjoyed the trivia factoids thingies..maybe cause I'm a sucker for trivia but they were generally fun! XD

Overall, it was kind of probably what I thought to expect from a book from a band. And that's cool. Hell, it made me love 'em even more. 
And, I know for sure that on a gloomy day, I can flick threw it and it'll put a smile on my face :)

I hope you enjoyed this review! Lol it's not the type of book I normally review but I promised myself that this summer I will try new things (Disclaimer: Sarcasm cannot be achieved fully with the buffer that is a keyboard). But seriously, this band needs NOT be overlooked so easily.
Anyhoozle, I will see YOU next time. 
Remember to comment, letting me know the following:

a). What's your fave 5SOS song? Mine is 'Wrapped Around Your Finger'

b). What's your favourite lyric? Mine is 'When you've got bigger plans that no one else understands, you've got a shot though

c). Are you a Michael girl? Or a Calum girl? Or an Ashton girl? Are ya a Luke girl? Or someone who loves all of them? I'm a Luke guurrlll :) (But I also switch to mutually loving them all!)

d). What's your favourite music video of 5SOS? Mine is...hmm...probably 'What I Like About You'

Byee!! :D

Here are my links : (if ya interested)
Google+
Facebook
Twitter? 
WeHeartIt
Pinterest
Goodreads
I'm even giving you my email address (why not? #GoBigOrGoHome)
PLEASE COMMENT BELOW OR EMAIL ME OR CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR REQUESTS- I need a looonnnggg list for summer reading #BloggerProbs ;)

That's it from me- Stay Beautiful and Bookish and BANDISH. Ttyl 

No comments:

Post a Comment