Friday, 3 July 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Hello! Happy Friday to ya! #TGIF (Yes, I'm one of those people who lives for Fridays -_-)
But today is super relaxing- listening to the rain and The Big Bang Theory and my fingers hitting my (very slow) laptop, I'm in my comfy PJs and have a warm cup of tea next to me (Yes, I'm British LOL).
Okay, so sorry for rambling. Let's begin again (Now I wanna listen to Begin Again by Taylor Swift and the film! #nerdprobs)

I am going to be reviewing Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout, one of my bae authors. Be sure to check out my other reviews of the Lux series here, here, here and here.

Goodreads summary:
13644055
Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came.

She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal.

They must team with an unlikely enemy if there is any chance of surviving the invasion. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything— even what they cherish most—to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.

War has come to Earth. And no matter the outcome, the future will never be the same for those left standing.


GENRE: Romance, Sci-Fi, Young Adult
AUTHOR: Jennifer L. Armentrout 
PUBLISHER: Entangled Teen
SOURCE: Bought, hardback
PAGE NUMBER: 352
RELEASE DATE: August 5th 2014

Okay, so I have zero idea why it took me almost a year to complete this book, but boy do I regret that now! This was THE BEST ENDING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Daemon burned down the world to save Kat, who was kidnapped and experimented on in Area 51 in Origin (the novel before this). Annnnddddd he proposed! (SPOILER ALERT?)
Yeah and it was epic and they were so lovey dovey BUTTT it wasn't just the romance that made this book amazing. It was the action, the characters, the author...basically everything. 

I loved it- there were ups, there were downs and it was the perfect conclusion to this stellar series

One thing I will mention is that Armentrout upped the ante in profanity, which seems apparent because of her success with NA novels but seemed a bit inconsistent with this series. 

I don't wanna reveal too much, so let's move onto my favourite quotes...because let's face it: JLA's quotes-no matter the character- are GOLD in that they can literally persuade you to read a book within seconds!

My Favourite Quotes

  • “It wasn’t just pretending everything was fine or grasping at normalcy, but grabbing it by the ears and making it my bitch.” 
  • “Sigh. Books. I missed them” Love you Kat
  • “It’s not like I’m going to run up and hug him.” 
    His expression turned bland. “I’d sure hope not. I might get jealous.” 
    “You’d get jealous if she hugged a tree,” Archer tossed out. 
    “Maybe.” Daemon coasted to a stop in a parking space behind the car. “I’m needy like that.” 
  • “What the hell, man?” Dawson exploded, hands flying up. “I was on level sixty-nine of Candy Crush, you bastard. Do you know how hard that—?” Appreciation sentence for the Black bros and Dee.
  • “It's like you have a special skill when it comes to finding condoms. Seriously. They must fall out of the sky whenever you're around.
  • “Like I said, they volunteered,” she corrected. I was about to volunteer my foot upside someone’s head.” 
  • “I didn’t need to tell her that I loved her. The words were meaningless because they were spoken so much. Actions were always louder, always more potent.
    I showed her.” 
  • “I’m having inappropriately timed thoughts right about now,” I told her.” 
★ ★ ★   4.5 stars

Soooo if you haven't heard....DAEMON'S GETTING HIS OWN NOVEL CALLED OBLIVION AND WOOOHOOOO AND HERE IS WHERE YOU CAN READ MORE ABOUT IT!

Remember to comment below because I w a n t t o k n o w w h a t y o u r e a d e r s a r e t h i n k i n g I'm not Edward Cullen dammit! Lub you :)


Here are my links : (if ya interested)
Google+
Facebook
Twitter? 
WeHeartIt
Pinterest
Goodreads
I'm even giving you my email address (why not? #GoBigOrGoHome)
PLEASE COMMENT BELOW OR EMAIL ME OR CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR REQUESTS- I need a looonnnggg list for summer reading #BloggerProbs ;)

Byeee!!! :D XOXO
Stay Beautiful and Bookish,

No comments:

Post a Comment