Saturday, 11 July 2015

ARC BOOK REVIEW: The Heart by Rachel Higginson

Well hello, beautiful reader :) Today I'm going to be reviewing the concluding novel (*sigh* *sob* *sniff*) to one of my all time favourite novels, The Heart by Rachel Higginson.Here's a few facts...
  • This is a Young Adult (YA) series but I wouldn't recomend it to anyone under the age of 15 because the overall concept of being in the sex slave industry is rather graphic- hell I'm 17 and a scene in Book 2 really got to me!
  • The series is beautiful and unique- unlike any other novels I've read
  • Rachel Higginson is a babe and I'm proud to say she's my Facebook buddy! XD
  • Taking the above point into account, she's also an amazing writer- click here to see my review of another novel by her (from the Starcrossed series)
  • The cover(s) are/is TDF
  • This series is a trilogy (Side note: Petition for a spinoff series with the hastag #MoreSirenBooks on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram- help a sister out)
  • You can read my review to Book 1 here and my review to Book 2 here
Okay, I hope I haven't bored y'all! Let's get started :))

Goodreads summary, info + (STUNNING) cover
Ivy Pierce has been to Hades and back trying to escape Nix and his evil plans to use her. After a failed attempt to save her loved ones, she was forced to leave her friends, her sister and the boy she had fallen in love with, Ryder Sutton.

And yet Olympus isn’t finished with her yet.

As Nix plots to overthrow the legendary mountain, Ivy is pulled back into the twisted, manipulative world of the Greek pantheon. Thrust into the middle of an ancient feud, Ivy will learn quickly that Nix is not the only threat to her freedom and not the only god interested in using her unique skillset to resurrect the Age of Olympus.

In a deadly game between two powerful factions of Greek gods, Ivy will have to battle both fate and the Fates in order to secure her future once and for all. She will discover new powers, fight for her friends’ lives and convince the only boy she has ever loved that he can trust her again.

In the end, she’ll learn the hardest lesson of all. This isn’t a fable or a Greek myth, her life is a love story.



GENRE: Romance, Fantasy, Paranormal, Young Adult
AUTHOR: Rachel Higginson
PUBLISHER: Reckless Siren Publishing
SOURCE: ARC, provided by the author!!!!!!!! (I'm a Reckless Rebel ;))
PAGE NUMBER: TBA
RELEASE DATE: TBA

About the author:
I was born and raised in Nebraska, but spent my college years traveling the world. I fell in love with Eastern Europe, Paris, Indian Food and the beautiful beaches of Sri Lanka. But I came back home to marry my high school sweetheart and now I spend my days raising our growing family. In those few spare moments I have, I am either reading or writing Young Adult Fiction, because I am obsessed with it.
website

twitter username

I recieved this ARC in exchange for an honest review from the author

First things first, I've been waiting a looonnnngggg time to read and review this book- prolly why it took me longer than usual to read it. 
What can I say? This novel was amazing. It was enthralling and amazing. It was beautifully written. Kudos Ms Rachel Higginson. Sassy Ivy, AKA the best female independent book heroine returns and is better than ever! One of my favourite story lines for Ivy was her being indepedent and working, especially considering that she had everything handed to her her whole life. 
And Ryder ♥_♥ Don't even get me started... #BookBoyfriendGoals
The Greek mythology was on point and then some..it was just amazing!!

The storyline had me grasping for air...in the good way, LOL. I was constantly on the edge of my seat and I'm pretty sure I'm suffering from a book hangover. 
Thanks, Ron!
P.S. When I have a book hangover, I'll spent all my days listening to music that reminds me of the book/characters, thinking about them in general and making fanart. So expect fanart and a playlist and check back and/or follow me on Twitter (#selfpromo rofl) to check those out!

It was the BEST conclusion to an outstanding series and although I'm sad to see this series end (ahem, #MoreSirenBooks), I'm well chuffed (#ImBritish) with what happened. Justice was served, erryone!

It was just....phenomenal. Definitely read it when it comes out. Sorry if I'm rambling the same $h*t but I'm in a bubble, comprehending everything that happened. I'm also walking the line of trying not to release spoilers. 

★ ★ ★ ★   5 stars

*I would be doing a 'My Favourite Quotes' segment in this post, but due to technical difficulties (damn you PDF), I'll have to scroll through the entire novel to re-highlight my fave quotes. So sorry!

Right, that's it from me- I hope you enjoyed by unintentionally vague-but-spoiler-free review of The Heart :D

DON'T FORGET TO USE THE HASHTAG #MORESIRENBOOKS ON ANY & ALL SOCIAL MEDIAS!!!

#MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks #MoreSirenBooks 


Here are my links : (if ya interested)
Google+
Facebook
Twitter? 
WeHeartIt
Pinterest
Goodreads
I'm even giving you my email address (why not? #GoBigOrGoHome)
PLEASE COMMENT BELOW OR EMAIL ME OR CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR REQUESTS- I need a looonnnggg list for summer reading #BloggerProbs ;)

Byeee!!! :D XOXO
Stay Beautiful and Bookish,
Hugeee hugs and kisses to
Rachel Higginson for trusting me with
a copy of this novel :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment