Saturday, 23 May 2015

BOOK REVIEW: The Return by Jennifer L. Armentrout ||GUEST POST!!

Hello there! Nylah here- but only for a short time. This is a review of Jennifer L. Armentrout's The Return by my book wifey, Kitty C!!
For those of you who don't know (WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! lol j/k) me and Kitty are book besties even though she's in Sweden and I'm in the UK- we met when she travelling to the Twitterverse. Anyways, now she's a blogger and an all round awesome gal. 
To get in touch with her, check out these links!
Twitter
Her book blog!
Without any further ado, I'll hand you over to Kitty!


Heyy people, Kitty here! As you can tell I am guest reviewing in this blog.  Nylah my lovely
friend asked me to do a review for a book, so here I am ready to complete the mission. :)

First of all I hope you are happy and enjoying your day. Me? I´m exhausted and we can blame
my school for that. Too many tests this month… because I live in Sweden and of course we
9th graders had to do this extremely annoying national test. (No hate, I do secretly love you
school)

Okayy now to the review! 

I know that you don’t really know anything about me. But know that I love Jennifer L.
Armentrout’s books and writing style, she is the reason I dream about alien invasions (only
because there is a chance that sexy hot aliens will come to our planet). 

Anyway, I’m here to talk about one of Jennifer’s most recently published book; The Return! :D 

Do you like Greek Mythology, steamy love stories, hot ninja like boy (more like god), and
hilarious conversations? Then this book is the right book for you.

The return is a spin-off series to the covenant series, but you don’t have to read the covenant
series to start The return. Did I make sense? But yeah, I do recommend you to read the
covenant series before reading this book, just because you will get a better view of character
development and backstory. Questions like: why does Seth (main character) think that he
doesn’t deserve  anything?
Those questions will be better answered in the covenant series.

Genre: Romance, New Adult, Fantasy, mythology   
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout                                                                                                                 Publisher: Spencer Hill Press                                                                                                          Source: Paperback                                                                                                                                                Pages: 347                                                                                                                                                                       Published (date):  February 16th 2015

 (The return is the first book in a trilogy called Titan :P )

Left: The cover we have in store, the very manly cover ;)
Right picture: The hot mysterious cover, *grabby hands*

About the book (from la Goodreads) :
The Fates are cackling their bony asses off…
It’s been a year since Seth made the deal with the gods that pledged his life to them. And so
far, the jobs they’ve given him have been violent and bloody–which is kind of all right with
him.
But now Apollo has something else in mind for Seth. He’s got to play protector while keeping
his hands and fingers off, and for someone who really has a problem with restraint, this new
assignment might be the most challenging yet.
Josie has no idea what this crazy hot guy’s deal might be, but it’s a good bet that his arrival
 means the new life she started after leaving home is about to be thrown into an Olympian-
sized blender turned up to puree. Either Josie is going insane or a nightmare straight out of
ancient myth is gunning for her. But it might be the unlikely attraction simmering between her
and the golden-eyed, secret-keeping Seth that may prove to be the most dangerous thing of
all.
Because history has once again been flipped to repeat.
This book is a New Adult read, it mainly means that this book is suited for mature/older
audience.  
So yes this book contains a lot of dirty thoughts, ‘’deeper’’ feelings, and the characters curse
a lot too. But not that intense…  The return is not like Fifty Shades of grey kind of dirty. It’s
more like, Seth likes Josie and yeahhh boys/men can do things when they are attracted to
someone. *cough*
I give this book 4.5 stars because the story was entertaining and funny at some parts. Even
though I’m soon to be 16, and not really recommended to read New Adult books I still do.
Just because the story sound good. You only live once… J
 
Quotes:
· ‘’I let out the breath I hadn’t realized I was holding. “Guess what?”
“What?”
Meeting his amber-colored eyes, I admitted what probably wasn’t a secret, but what I felt
like I needed to put into words. “I like you, Seth.”
He stopped his hand over mine, staying there, as he gave me a lopsided smile. “Guess what?”
“What?” I whispered.
Seth shifted so that his lips brushed mine as he spoke. “I like you too, Josie.”
· “I ran over a squirrel once."
Blinking open my eyes, I drew back as far as she'd let me.
"What?"
"I ran over a squirrel the second time I ever drove a car," she repeated. "I also hit a deer.
And when I was seventeen, I clipped a cat. Before I left for college, I backed into a dog."
"Gods," I muttered.”
· “Your sarcasm and general assholeness are not necessary,” Apollo remarked casually. I
grinned at him. “I don’t think ‘assholeness’ is a word.”
· “I am your father.” He glanced at Seth and smirked. “That’s the second Star Wars nod.
Keeping track?”
· “A soft smile curved up her lips, and my gut dropped a little. A smile…I’d never known a
smile could have that kind of effect. Could feel like a kick to the chest.”
And many more! I think you should read this book and explore this book and meet new
characters such as Luke, Deacon, Alex… So pick this book up!
Happy reading awesome people :D See ya! //Kitty
 

Thank you, Kitty!! I don't know about you, but I was persuaded to buy The Return with that STELLAR review. Awesome work, Kitty. 

Thanks ×1000000 for reading this post- remember to comment below letting me know which is your fave cover! I love the second one more :)
Until next time..bye!! :D

2 comments:

  1. Yes it needs editing (i.e. the book covers need to be included) and I will do that at about 9:00am UK time (it's 10:11 currently and I'm KNACKERED).
    Love y'all, stay bookish,
    Nylah xo☆♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cover do you like? The second like the naked man cover :D ;)

    ReplyDelete