Thursday, 5 March 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare || GUEST POST!!!!!!!

Hello!! I'm Nylah and today I am very, very, VERY excited to welcome one of my new blog friends, Kitty C!! Now she doesn't have a blog is super passionate about books. Kitty posts reviews directly onto Goodreads so check her out here and for her Twitter profile, click here.
A little backstory…
When I first out blogging- and on social media- Kitty followed me. Truth be told, I followed her merely because I follow for a follow, but there was something interesting about her. It started out by her favoriting a series of my nerdy-book-related tweets. LOL. So yeah, we meet on Twitter and now she’s going to be doing a few guest posts for a few weeks and hopefully occasionally. Long story short, aside from all of the Catfish palaver, I’ve gained one amazing online friend, whom is a year younger than me and has the same book-hype as me!
Enjoy this review :)

Heeey everyone! I hope you are having a great day! Today I will be reviewing Clockwork Angel, the first book in The Infernal Devices trilogy. Enjoy! :D
Goodreads summary:   In a time when Shadowhunters are barely winning the fight against the forces of darkness, one battle will change the course of history forever. Welcome to the Infernal Devices trilogy, a stunning and dangerous prequel to the New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments series.


The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London’s dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters—including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to. Soon they find themselves up against the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization of vampires, demons, warlocks, and humans. Equipped with a magical army of unstoppable clockwork creatures, the Club is out to rule the British Empire, and only Tessa and her allies can stop them...
GENRE: fantasy, mystery, paranormal-fiction, Young Adult
AUTHOR: Cassandra Clare
PUBLISHER: Simon & Schuster, Margaret K. McElderry
SOURCE: Hardcover, bought
PAGE NUMBER: 479
RELEASE DATE: August 31th, 2010
This book is amazing! One of those books that give you words to live after… a book that makes you see the world in new perspectives.
The story is very developed, it´s mysterious and exciting, like all the time. You literally begin the book at a climax. Well maybe not, but the beginning of the book is really exciting! You won´t regret reading this book.


Will and Jem are characters you surely will drool for. Hot. Handsome. Hilarious/kind. They are bestfriends and I love the relationship they have.  The other characters are great too, but it is funnier to find -out what they are like- on your own, so I will not tell you about them. Just know that they are all unique on their own way.
It´s better if you read the book when you don't know anything about it; you just know those small things. Like the story take place in England which is pretty awesome.
After reading this book (eventually the whole trilogy too), I hope that you will understand Will Herondale, and love him like I do, because he is lovely. And then imagine his voice… that sexy British accent. Swoon ;)


My favorite part: the quotes!
o   “One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
o   “Remember when you tried to convince me to feed a poultry pie to the mallards in the park to see if you could breed a race of cannibal ducks?"
"They ate it too," Will reminisced. "Bloodthirsty little beasts. Never trust a duck.
o   “It's all right to love someone who doesn't love you back, as long as they're worth you loving them. As long as they deserve it.”
o   “When you find a man you wish to marry, Tessa, remember this: You will know what kind of man he is not by the things he says, but by the things he does.”
o   “Tessa poked at her left incisor with her tongue. It was flat again, an ordinary tooth. "I don't understand what makes them come out like that!"
   "Hunger," said Jem. "Were you thinking about blood?"
   "No."
   "Were you thinking about eating me?" Will inquired.
   "No!"
   "No one would blame you," said Jem. "He's very annoying.”
o   “If no one in the entire world cared about you, did you really exist at all?”
o    “Will looked horrified.”What kind of monster could possibly hate chocolate?”
There are a plenty more… but I think I should end here.


I give this book five stars! My 2015 favorite so far!
What do you think about this book? Comment!

How amazing was this review? Well done, Kitty and thank you so much! :) She's definitely persuaded me to review this book ;)

Comment below what your favourite part of the book was, or what you look forward to and remember to share and like this blog's FB page.
See you next time :D

No comments:

Post a Comment