Saturday, 20 December 2014

BOOK REVIEW: Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout || 20th December: BlogMas

Hello everyone!! Today I will be reviewing Origin (Lux series #4) whilst jamming out to Firefly by Ed Sheeran. 
LIFE UPDATE: I painted my nails for the first time in 2014!! It was a spontaneous-end-of-year thing. *shocked emoji* Also, I was going to say 'Enjoy your holidays' or something corny to my crush but backed out. LOL. 
Anyways, let's begin this review!!

Goodreads summary: 
Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything. 

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on? 

And will they even be together?


GENRE: Romance, Sci-Fi, Young Adult
AUTHOR: Jennifer L. Armentrout 
PUBLISHER: Entangled Teen
SOURCE: Paperback, bought
PAGE NUMBER: 364
RELEASE DATE: August 27th 2013
As previously mentioned more times than you'd like to hear, I love love LOVE this series. It's da bomb. But this one wasn't as good. *sniff* Cannot believe I just typed that. 

Okay, so why wasn't it as good as? Well Katy got kidnapped and the setting of her new (SPOILER ALERT: temporary) location was bland. But I guess that was the point. But I still found it dismal. And then we've got Alpha Daemon- I sensed a little bit of 'all talk and no action' with him until he did some epic superhero things. Kat and Daemon's love is perfection. #RelationshipGoals

So Kat is kidnapped and Daemon's gonna 'burn the world to save her' and everyone DK what to do. Her mother is distressed, as is everyone. Oohh and I particularly enjoyed that Katy was moping about abandoning her book reviewing blog and that she was held in Area 51. 

SPOILER ALERT (I think?): Katy is saved by her love (and mine) and HE PROPOSES!!!!! Holy Moses! So happy for them! Woohooo 
Dear Daemon, 
It's bad luck for your ex to attend your
wedding so, regrettably, I must decline your invitation. 
So sorry, 
Nylah

Overall, the book was good, just not up to the standards of the others in this series. 

I shall award it:...

★ ★ ★ 3.5 stars


MY FAVOURITE QUOTES:
  • “His kisses really did have the power to change lives. Not that I'd admit that. His ego was ginormous as it was.” 
  • “Sporks are only used in the most dire situations.” 
  • “but then again, they
    were like baby Einsteins on crack.” 
  • “You know, there’s this thing called pants. You should try it out.”
    He cast me a cheeky grin as he turned. “You’d be devastated. Just think, you get to see this every day from here on out.”
    My heart did a trippy dance. “Your naked ass? Gee. Sign me up for that.” 
  • “He can read your mind without even knowing."
    Dee's face went from pale to bright cherry. "Oh God."
    "What?"
    She smacked her hands over her face. "Well, the whole time we were downstairs, I was picturing him naked.” 
  • “Staring down at Katy, I fell for her all over again.
    Lost my heart when she smiled.” 
  • “Daemon Black could be as prickly as a hedgehog having a really bad day, but underneath all that spindly armor, he was sweet, protective, and incredibly selfless.” 

Love ya, but will not leave ya yet. You can buy this book via the links below!
Amazon
Barnes & Noble

* This book is now available as a two-in-one with the previous book, Opal looks like: 


I am currently reading Before You by Amber Hart, so expect a review of that in the next few days. Then, on December 31st, I'm going to participate in the release event/tour for its sequel After Us and review it via eARC. SO EXCITED!!!

Byeee!!! :D

References:
First cover: http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1398100888l/13644052.jpg
Second cover: http://www.jenniferarmentrout.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Consequences_900-300x450.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment