Friday, 19 December 2014

BOOK REVIEW: Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout || 19th December: BlogMas

Happy BlogMas Day 19, everyone!! We're getting closer and closer to Christmas! Woohoo =)

Goodreads summary: 
After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it


GENRE: Romance, Sci-Fi, Young Adult
AUTHOR: Jennifer L. Armentrout 
PUBLISHER: Entangled Teen
SOURCE: Paperback, bought
PAGE NUMBER: 382
RELEASE DATE: December 11th 2012

Like I said yesterday, I love this series.  Want proof?
Read by review of Obsidian (book one) here
Read by review of Onyz (book two) here
So a lot has happened in this series, thus far. I mean, Katy and Daemon are now a couple (yay!!!!!!) but there's obviously obstacles. I loved the writing- it was so real and so relatable and it had some pretty good humor. (It was written in first person- Katy's POV)

Although Daemon and Katy's relationship has changed for the better, Dee and Katy's has not. -__-
There was so much action, humor and amazing events going on in this book. I loved it, and you will too. 

The training that goes on made me think too much of the Twilight saga: Eclipse (you know, Jasper teaching everyone?) but it was essentially original and waaaay better. (Still heart you, Twilight. Books, films and all)

Ooohh and the love triangle!! Granted, we all knew the fate of it (the triangle was facing downwards. CAN I GET A HALLELUJAH? That was a good joke..) But yeah, over about two of these books, I really enjoyed Jealous Daemon. Made me love him even more.  

MY FAVOURITE QUOTES

  • “I love you, Katy. Always have. Always will.”  SWOON. Love you Daemon
  • “Oh, dear God and baby Jesus in the manger, my eyes!” Dee shrieked. “My eyes!” 
  • “Kitten..." "Don't Kitten me." I scowled, on a roll now. "You left around five or so and didn't get back till when? Past two in the morning? What were you guys doing? And get that stupid smile off your face. This isn't funny." Daemon tried to get rid of the smile but failed. "I love when your claws come out.”
  • “He was such an asshole, and I loved him.” 
  • “Daemon snatched the yellow packages from my hands. “Oh! Books! You have books!”
    I laughed as several people waiting in line looked over their shoulders. “Hand them over.”
    He clutched them to his chest, making moony eyes. “My life is now complete.”
    “My life would be complete if I could actually post a review on something other than the school library computers.”
    I did that about twice a week since my latest laptop went to the big computer heaven in the sky.” 
    I NEED A DAEMON!!!!! Santa, I hope you're listening ;)
  • “And no one will kill Bill.”
    I laughed softly as I unbuckled the seat belt. “Blake. His name is Blake.”
    Daemon pulled the keys out and leaned back, his eyes glimmering with amusement. “He’s whatever I decide to call him.” 
All in all, I think this book is my fave in this series. 

★ ★ ★  ★ 5 stars

☆ SWOON WORTHY MOMENT: When Daemon buys Kat a red Macbook laptop thingy because her laptop broke when they made out...long story. 

If you are interested in this book, here are some links to purchase it!
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
AudioBooks

Questions:
☻ Is Daemon on your Xmas list? Shall we hunt Santa down together?
☻ Was this book life?
☻ Do you like Blake, be honest

Psstt, here is the updated cover of this and Origin! 

Okay, Nylah out. 
See you tomorrow
Bye!! :D


References:
First book cover: http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1348200300l/13362536.jpg
Second book cover: http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1396245989l/19081402.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment