Thursday, 18 December 2014

BOOK REVIEW: Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout || 18th December: BlogMas

Hi guys!! Happy BlogMas Day 18! As promised, I will review Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout. This is the sequel of Obsidian and to check that out, click here
Let's get started!

This is the original cover. All of the covers 
in this series have been updated. Click here
Goodreads summary: 
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…
I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…



About the author 
# 1 New York Times and International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Martinsburg, West Virginia. All the rumors you’ve heard about her state aren’t true. When she’s not hard at work writing. she spends her time reading, watching really bad zombie movies, pretending to write, and hanging out with her husband and her Jack Russell Loki.

GENRE: Romance, Sci-Fi, Young Adult
AUTHOR: Jennifer L. Armentrout 
PUBLISHER: Entangled Teen
SOURCE: Paperback, bought
PAGE NUMBER: 366
RELEASE DATE: August 14th 2012

If you've read my Obsidian review, (read it, read it, read it)  you know that I love love LOVE this series and the author. 
I read this book last year-ish, I think and became hooked immediately. I was riveted by this modern, relatable, informal, beautiful love story and story in general. I mean, how intriguing would a story involving aliens and a hot guy be to you? (Spoiler alert: They're one and the same).

One thing I enjoyed was that things kicked off immediately; straight from the last book. Katy and Daemon have some problems and I loved how their relationship came into play. It wasn't forced- it came gradually and that was the best. Daemon was vain, hot, beautiful,, hot, cheeky, hot, flirtatious and hot. Like the sun. He was the best male protagonist and is one of my top three book boyfriends (I'm a player, what can I say?)

I'm not going to reveal much about the climax(es), as I want you to enjoy this wondrous book. 
Also, another thing I loved was the high school elements. I've said it many times- I love books even more when they involve high school. It just makes them real and I can relate to them. 

Overall, I am smitten with this series and enjoyed living in Katy's shoes and making out with Daemon ;)

MY FAVOURITE QUOTES
This book is full of amazing quotes. My list doesn't even scratch the surface. 
  • Cookie?" he offered, holding a cookie full of chocolate chips.
    Upset tummy or not, there was no way I could refuse that. "Sure."
    His lips tipped up one side and he leaned toward me, his mouth inches from mine. "Come and get it."
    Come and get...? Daemon placed half the cookie between those full, totally kissable lips.
    Oh, holy alien babies everywhere...” 
  • “If there is anything, there is us.
    You and me. No one else.” 
  • “Kitten,” he growled roughly.
    I kissed him softly, sliding my hands into his silky locks, letting the pieces slide through my fingers. I tasted in him my own rising desire, my own need and heartache. Thrilling. Frightening. I pulled back.
    “Kitten,” he said again, voice strained. “You don’t get to do that and then stop. That’s not how it works.”
    I stared at him, my breath stalling in my lungs.
    “Not when you’re mine.” Daemon backed us up and slid down the wall, pulling me on his lap so I was straddling him. “And you’re mine.”
  • “Daemon pressed his forehead against mine. "Oh, I still want to strangle you. But I'm insane. You're crazy. Maybe that's why. We just make crazy together.” 
  • “That's the funny thing about trying to escape. You never really can. Maybe temporarily, but not completely.” 
  • “Dogeared pages were Antichrist of book lovers everywhere.” TRUTH! 
  • “I understood books. I did not understand boys—especially alien boys.” 
  • “Crossing the room, he stopped infront of me. "I'm not going to bite."
    "That's good."
    "Unless you want me to," He said with a devilish grin.” 
  • “That kind of love should've been able to beat sickness. That kind of love should've conquered anything.” 

That's almost it from me. To sum up, this book is everything. And if my constant repetition and amazing review encouraged you to buy it, ch-ch-check out the links below!

★ ★ ★ ★ 4.5 stars

Buy it
Barnes and Noble
Amazon

FYI, this is the cover for the updated version which is two in one! It has both Obsidian and Onyx:

Questions
☻ Is Daemon your ultimate book bae?
☻ Do you think of aliens differently now?
☻ Can Daemon poke me with his pen?

Bye!!! :D
See you tomorrow for BlogMas Day 19! Hint: It's a review of Opal, the book after this!

References
First book cover: http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1329408511l/13047090.jpg
Second book cover: http://www.jenniferarmentrout.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Beginnings_900-300x450.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment