Friday, 12 December 2014

BOOK REVIEW: Love & Decay Episode One: Season Three by Rachel Higginson || 12th December: BlogMas

Woah! I think that was the longest title yet! LOL
In contrast to the longest title, this is gonna be a short and sweet review! 

For those of you following my BlogMas posts, this is Day 12. Happy BlogMas Day 12, everyone!!!!!!!

Goodreads summary:
Zombies- as if that wasn’t enough to ruin any girl’s dream of a happily ever after. 

It’s been six months since Reagan Willow fled the Colony and Matthias Allen’s tyrannical clutches. Six months since she broke Hendrix Parker’s heart. Six months since she watched Kane Allen sacrifice his life to save hers. 

Whatever was left of her already-tattered life during the Zombie Apocalypse fell apart six months ago. Now, on the cusp of crossing the Mexican border, there is hope that she might lead her friends to a better existence. 

Except Zombies are only the beginning of their problems. Reagan and her friends must battle the elements, armies of Feeders and bounty hunters desperate to drag them back to the Colony to face their greatest threat. 

The Colony’s power stretches wide and far. Their only hope is to outrun Matthias and get to Mexico. 

Love and Decay, Episode One is the first episode in Season Three of a novella series in a Dystopian Romance about Zombies, the end of the world and finding someone to share it with. 

This story takes place over multiple episodes, with a release date every two weeks. Approximately 20,000 words. 


GENRE: Horror, Romance Not sure about the age 
AUTHOR: Rachel Higginson 
PUBLISHER: Reckless Siren Publishing
SOURCE: ARC (I'm a Reckless Rebel ;))
PAGE NUMBER: 40
RELEASE DATE: December 11th 2014
About the author
  I was born and raised in Nebraska, but spent my college years traveling the world. I fell in love with Eastern Europe, Paris, Indian Food and the beautiful beaches of Sri Lanka. But I came back home to marry my high school sweetheart and now I spend my days raising our growing family. In those few spare moments I have, I am either reading or writing Young Adult Fiction, because I am obsessed with it.

So this isn't the typical boring, unreal Zombie novel. I actually personally am not fond of Zombies. But this series changed by perception. (*I will publish the reviews for the other books in this series soon). 
The main thing I loved about this book was the witty humour. It was funny- not too dull, not to OTT. It was perfect.

Also, props to the cover designer for that stunning cover!!!

The 40-page, 2000-word novella resumed the Zombie events, including our faves, Reagan, Hendrix and the gang. It felt complete to know what they were up to. I liked it. 

The novel was light, fast-paced, enjoyable and just downright cool. It was written in first person- Reagan's POV. I love the protagonist- she's soo cool and relatable. CAN I BE HER??


  • The first novel is FREEEEE so get it here!
BUY IT

★ ★ ★  3.5 stars

Byeee!!!

Reference
Cover: 
https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1418388026l/23780197.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment