Wednesday, 13 August 2014

BOOK REVIEW: Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Goodreads summary:
A SACRED OATH
A FALLEN ANGEL
A FORBIDDEN LOVE


Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life


GENRE: YA (Young Adult), Fantasy
AUTHOUR: Becca Fitzpatrick
PUBLISHER: Simon & Schuster
SOURCE: Bought, paperback
PAGE NUMBER: 391
RELEASE DATE: October 13th 2012

This is my all time favourite novel involving angels. I just love, love, love everything about it. The writing style was pretty descriptive, which made it easier for me to visualize myself there. 

One word: Patch. My ultimate- and yours!- book boyfriend. He's a bad boy, fallen angel, tall, epic, romantic, scary...everything I want in a guy ;)
That being said, I really enjoyed his evolving romance with Nora. They share this amazing, sarcastic, sexy chemistry that is that hate-you-but-gonna-fall-for-you-eventually type. Which, in case it isn't obvious, I love. ❤_

My own version of the plot: (SPOILERS?)
Nora and Vee have been friends forever, and do everything together, even at school...until Coach changes the seating plan in science. Nora is now seated next to the mysterious and gorgeous, Patch Cipriano. It gets worse for her; each partner must find out facts about the other, for their grades. Unluckily for Nora, she displeases his presence and attitude. But in unlikely circumstances, she also feels a spark. And there's people after her...for genetic purposes. 

Basically, if you know what's best for your book life, you would read this book. And then become hooked. It is the best...and need I remind you: Patch?? 

CHARACTERS:

Nora Grey~ She is a pretty awesome protagonist. But I'll admit her choices are pretty dull sometimes. But I still enjoyed her and also looked forward to her in the next three books.
Regardless, I have read all three books and she has grown on me.

Patch Cipriano~ HOTTTT, HOTTT, HOTT, HOT, hot, hot, hot, hot, hot, hot. That is all I can say. His character is remarkable and definitely likeable. P.S. His flirting techniques (I'll include some in MY FAVOURITE QUOTES blow)

Vee Sky~ The best friend everyone wants/needs. She's rad and confident and supportive and really funny.

Elliot~ A fairly minor character who takes a slight liking to Nora (No love here). He is best friends with Jules.

Jules~ Jules is Elliot's freaky-in-an-overly-silent way. He dates Vee and is suspicious...

Marcy Miller~ Nora's nemesis. The 'it' girl at Coldwater High.

MY FAVOURITE QUOTES:

  • “I don't go out with strangers," I said.

    "Good thing I do. I'll pick you up at five.” 
  • “If you can't feel, why did you kiss me?"
    Patch traced a finger along my collarbone, then headed south stopping at my heart. I felt it pounding through my skin. "Because I feel it here, in my heart," he said quietly.” 
  • “Call me Patch. I mean it. Call me.” 
  • “Before I forget, here's your homework. Where do you want me to put it?"
    She pointed at the trash can. "Right there would be fine.” 
  • “Let’s be honest, Nora. You’ve got it bad for me." His eyes held a lot of depth. "And I’ve got it bad for you.” 
★ ★ ★ ★
Leave me your comments, giving me your views (I'll reply!)
Questions:

☻Do you want a Patch in your life?
☻Be honest, what do you think of Jules?
☻Are angels going to dominate vampires?
☻Does Nora, in your opinion, have red hair, auburn hair or 'light brown' hair?
Let me know below!!

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/nylah_m

Reference
Book cover: http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1358261334l/6339664.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment